Summary: This article will explain how to import homeowner beginning balances into the Vantaca system. Importing Homeowner Beginning balances with one import will bring over beginning balance entries for each charge grouping, instead of the entire transaction history. To import the entire transaction history as individual transactions, you will want to use the Charge Balances Import Without History import.
- To apply either a single homeowner's or an entire association's historical transaction history and charge balances to their Ledger in Vantaca.
In order to import the Homeowners' beginning balances, you must first create and import an Excel spreadsheet:
- Charge Balances Import Without History
An Excel spreadsheet, is attached to this article.
To import these spreadsheets, hover your cursor over the Settings drop down menu and select the Import screen. Click on the New Import Button, and choose the Import Type, the Association, and the Posted Date (the last day of the last fiscal period). Keep (No Conversion) in the next drop drown menu, and then click on the Select Files button to upload the spreadsheet from your system.
Once this loads, you will be taken to the final import screen. From here, any errors on your spreadsheet will show up in RED. Notice at the top that Import Mode is set to Append. Always Append the Import. The Association is in the box to the right, and in this example you are validating two records. Click the Commit button to complete the Import.
Some key points of the Charge Balance Without History Import:
- Use the Translation screen to ensure that the charges have been translated to the correct charge in the system.
- Association Specific - Will select an Association prior to uploading
- Posted date should ideally be the date that the charge will hit the Ledger.
- This will not hit the GL, only the Homeowner Ledger on the Summary Screen and Transaction Screen. The Summary screen ties to the AR and Prepaid Reports.
- Used for New Association imports, not general day-to-day
- Use a negative number for credit balances
- Recommended to have one line per Assessment type, but can pull more if we want to
Spreadsheet Columns used for the Charge Balance Without History Import:
- Account or OldAccount
- Amount (Positive values for charges or balances, negative values for credit balances)
Prior to running this Import, you must first setup the assessments, fees and any other charges that are listed in these reports. You can do so by hovering your cursor over the Association drop down menu, and selecting the Assessments screen.
The names of these assessments and/ or charges on the Charge Balance Without History Import must exactly match the names of the assessments and/or charges setup on the Association -> Assessments screen, so that when you run your Import, the system can recognize the appropriate charges being presented.