Purpose: The purpose of this article is to explain the functionality and use of the Association > Settings > A/R Menu in detail.
- Pay Assessments First - Any payment will first be applied to outstanding Assessment balance until that is satisfied before applying amounts to Fees/other charges.
- Pay Fees First - Any payment will first be applied to the outstanding Fee balance until that is satisfied before applying amounts to Assessments/other charges.
- Custom Order - will follow the order set up in Association > Assessments and allocate to the lowest number first. Value "-1" is used for manual allocation, and payments will never be automatically allocated to those.
- Yes - any fees on the Assessment screen will generate based on the assigned rules.
- No (On Hold) - No fees will generate for the association.
- Use Model Settings - The Association will follow the settings on the Model setup. (If the Model Association is set to Yes, fees will generate based on assigned rules -- If the Model Association is set to No (On Hold), no fees will generate for the association.
- Yes and Catch Up Fees - Used when turning fees back on for an association after they have been on hold.
***Notes on Yes and Catch Up Fees: If the Model Association has AR > Generate Fees set to Yes and an an association is set to No (Hold Fees) then all late fees that would have been generated for the association are logged as "skipped". These "skipped" fees would sum month to month so if the association was set to No (On Hold) for a single month, thats all that would be logged as "skipped", but if it was several months, the total of the "would-have-generated" late fees are sum totaled as the "skipped" amount. When an association is set to Yes and Catch Up Fees, overnight the process will run and add all the skipped late fees to the accounts, then automatically change the setting to "Use Model" after this is complete.
Please note that the ability for the system to log fees as "skipped" with the ability to apply them later through Yes and Catch Up Fees is only enabled when the Model Association "Generate Fees" is set to Yes.
New Owner Action Type on Resale
- The action item that will be created on the new owner account when processing a resale or ownership transfer. This is generally used to create the Welcome Packet, etc.