Summary: This article demonstrates how to approve invoices in Vantaca using the Accounting -> Approve Invoices page.
For paying partial invoice amounts, view our article by clicking HERE.
- Approve invoices using the Approve Invoices page
- View invoices that are either ready to approve, need GL details to be added, or Service Provider invoices that have been marked hold on the Service Provider record
- Change or add new GL details, edit the Invoice Date, Due Date, Payment Type or Approval Amount for Invoices that are queued for approval
To begin, hover your cursor over the Accounting menu item on the top navigation bar and select Approve Invoices from the drop down menu.
Next, click on the Association name at the top of the screen to select a specific Association.
Once the window appears you will see the Ready to Approve view. Here you will see a list of invoices that are ready for approval and details such as Provider, Invoice Date, Due Date, Payment Method, Approved Amount, Operating Balance of the bank account, and Total Invoice Amount. You can also add columns for information such as XN, Association, Account Number, and Invoice Number.
Note: Click on the column header and drag it to the space above the grid header. This will group the invoices by that column. To remove a column header grouping, click on the "x" next to that header.
There are four different views to review invoices.
1. The default view, Ready to Approve, includes invoices with all information already entered.
2. The Complete Data Entry view will include any invoices that do not yet have all the GL detail information entered. Note: from the Complete Data Entry view, you can alternatively click the select button to view the full invoice Action Item.
3. The Provider on Hold view will display any invoices for any Service Providers that have been marked on hold on the Service Provider record.
4. The Pre-Paid Review view will display an invoice that still requires the managers attention. Click HERE for more information on the Pre-Paid Invoice Review view.
To approve invoices from the Ready to Approve or Complete Data Entry tabs, select the specific invoice, click the paper clip to see the invoice image.
Next, expand the invoice to see the GL detail. Click edit to change the GL detail or click new invoice detail to add a GL detail. You can also edit the Invoice Date, Due Date, Payment Type or Approval Amount by clicking on that information.
Once all of the information for the invoice is correct, check the box next to the invoice or invoices that you want to approve and click the Approve Selected Invoices button. Or, select the Cancel Changes button to cancel.