If you manage an association that utilizes a variety of different Assessment or charge amounts, you can use Homeowner Charge Tags to quickly associate specific owner accounts with their appropriate billing rate. A good example for the use of Homeowner Charge Tags would be an association that bills different rates for 2 bedroom or three bedroom units.
Before importing Homeowner Charge Tags, we must first create the Assessment and the Assessment rule that we can use to tie the Homeowner Charge Tags to specific amounts and GL codes. To do this, we go to the Association -> Assessments page and either create a new Assessment or create a rule under an existing Assessment.
Once the charge is created, drill into the charge and press the New Rule button. You would set up the rule as normal, with a Fixed rate at any frequency. If the frequency is monthly, you would press the "New Date" button once, for each tag you are creating (2 tags = 2 "new dates"). If you are doing this for semi-annual or quarterly, you would press "new date" twice or four times, for each tag being created. See below examples of tag A and B set up for quarterly assessments and monthly assessments directly below that.
Once the tags are set up, you can then run the Homeowner Charge Tag import to tag certain owners in those tags you just created, which can be done using the attached file "Charge Tag Import".
Below are some notes on this import. To import you would go to Settings > Import and create a new import for the Homeowner Charge Tags type and select your file. Once the file is committed, you will then want to go back to the rule you created on the assessment, open the rule and press update once more to then refresh the tags and complete the setup. You should then have numbers in the count column for each tag for the amount of owners on your import.
There are three columns of data required in order to successfully complete this import:
1. Account (or OldAccount)
2. Tag (you can include multiple tags i.e. A & B as mentioned in the example, on one import file)
- This import can be used across multiple associations
- This import can be used to import multiple different tags at the same time.
- Prior to running your import, a Rule must first be setup on the Assessment screen with the tag(s) you are using in your import.
- You must go back to rules and click update to refresh after the import
- Run HO Charge Tag Report to see if it works or check the rule setup.
- If there is an empty tag and a tag, then the empty will show the total even though it should be less the number in the tag. Just name both and the problem goes away.